Monday, August 31, 2009

Project 1.

1. mood board
2. Technical drawing

3. poster


My dad used to collect cup set so we always have more cups and saucers than we need. The problem was we ran out of space and I thought it would be good if we can stack the cups. That happened in the café that my parents own. The cups charges so much space and they were hard to stack because of the handle. So I designed this stackable cup set and tray. It will appeal to young people and a family who has children in primary and above. The whole point of having handle is to grab a cup drinking hot liquid. I get rid of the handle and made a holder made out of silicon so its easy to grab and also does not transfer the heat from the cup. When the cup is not being used, it can be used as a food container for nuts and lollies.
The container and the holder fits perfectly to the tray so it does not wobble when it is being carried but also it is easy to take out because they are getting narrower as it getting towards the bottom.

5 comments:

  1. I like the stackable idea, but i think the holding the cup in the hand would be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new approach of the cup and the holder is new and perhaps cute. However the chosen material and the fact that the only one type of cup size is available was something that could be considered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of stackable mugs as you only seem to find stackable cups. The idea that the cups fit the tray exactly is a good idea and reduces the amount of spilling when carrying a tray as the cups dont move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the stackable idea is great as it saves much of the space, however I don't think the feeling of grabbing the silicone box will be pleasant as the box doesn't seem to fit right into the hand. Maybe cylinderical shape might be a bit better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the idea of stackable containers is great due to the fact that it saves space. The fit of the mug in the tray is also well thought of, perfect fits reduce spillage and thus cause less wastage. However I think your choice of material to replace the handle of a mug is interesting but could use a little more though because I don't think many people would like the feel of silicone

    ReplyDelete